Recap of SwimRI's USMS 1-Hour ePostal National Championship heats at Roger Williams University on Sunday, February 11, 2018:
- 45 New England Masters Swim Club members (42 SWMR, 2 SCY, 1 UNAT)
- Aggregate yards = 175,305
- Average yards per swimmer = 3,895.67
- Notable swims:
- 4,975 -- Rob Allen, aka Rob 2.0, most yardage men (+ 5,180 on 1/21 at St. George's School)
- 4,775 -- Albert Garcia, 2nd most yardage men
- 4,675 -- Kaitlin Wilcoxen, most yardage women & highest female first-timer
- 4,595 -- Eric "Aqua Hydrate" Burtchell, highest male first-timer
- 4,580 -- Jill Lancaster, 2nd most yardage women
- 4,490 -- Trent Theroux, all backstroke!
- Total yardage betting pool results (18 guesses, $90 pot, winner takes all)
- Winner: Wayne Grover (off by 325y)
- Albert Garcia (off by 450y)
- Rob Torgerson, aka Rob 1.0 (off by 505y)
- Matt Gilson (off by 695y)
- $970 donated to the RWU college swim team
- Thanks to Coach Matt Emmert, the RWU college team and SwimRI volunteers & family members for counting/timing.
- ~25 swimmers, volunteers & family attended a fun post-swim lunch at Aidan's Pub.
Enter the national Hour Swim event by submitting your yardage online by March 8:
Enter the "Harvard Meet" (NE-LMSC SCY Championship) taking place March 11 & 17-19:
Distance Day Negative Split Challenge and NE-LMSC Awards Nomination information: